Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Embossed Flowers

I saw the sketch at Cardabilities, and I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.  


I love dry embossing on white daisy paper, so I wanted to create some vintage looking flowers for this card.  I did this by die-cutting the flowers with my Artbooking cartridge, and then embossing them with my quatrefoil folder before rolling them up with my quilling tool.  When doing this, you end up with quite a pretty flower!


There is a lot of discontinued product on this card (Florentine paper, Mocha Gems, Garden Wooden Shapes, Frosted Assortment).  I really wanted to show the technique and yet another way to use your embossing folders!


Thanks for stopping in today, and I hope that your day is blessed!

Pin It

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Just GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea Brenda!

Linda Pekrul said...

Lovely idea for the roses!

Debbi Fournier said...

Great idea can't wait to try it. Beautiful card..

Rose said...

so pretty and i love that quote :) Thanks so much for joining us on Cardabilities.

Karen Day said...

This is one gorgeous card, Brenda! I love your embossed rose idea, and this paper is just like Frosted, I'll never get tired of it!

Casandra Bennett said...

Lovely card, dear friend. :)

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Beautiful card and wonderful flowers! I love dry embossing and am so happy that CTMH now carries some of them. Next I think they should have coordinating stamps and folders--wouldn't that be cool?
:) Marie

Lynn said...

This card is one of my fave Brenda Rose creations and that is a long list...the flowers are just gorgeous. I cannot wait to try this technique. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining us at Cardabilties.

Cataleya said...

I love your card in every sweet detail! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!
~ Olga Kovalchuk

Teresa said...

Your card came out so pretty! I love the flowers that you did for it they are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardabilites this month.

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Beautiful flowers and colours :)
Thanks for playing along with us on Cardabilites :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...