Thursday, February 6, 2014

Embossing IS Boss!!

The other day I told you about the new and wonderful embossing folders (find that post here).

Today I received my order of cardstock and folders, so I sat right down to create for you.  I wanted to start with a card so I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for this card.


There are a couple of reasons that I really love these folders.  First of all, they make deep imprints in cardstock so that the embossing really stands out.   On this card, I lightly sanded the embossing to bring out the white core in the paper.  But even if you did nothing more, your project is going to look great!  The other thing that is marvelous is that they are 5" x 7".  That means the embossing goes right up to the edge of your paper.  LOVE that!  Look for many more examples of embossing.  It's just too fun!!

I used the following items that can be found on my website:


Thank you so much for stopping today!  I hope that your day is blessed!

Pin It

9 comments:

Mary said...

Brenda,

Can you tell me if the CTMH Embossing Folders fit the Cuttlebug? I have an older machine (about 6-7 years old) and wondered if the folders will fit in my machine.

Thanks,
Mary

twiglet said...

Beautiful, sunny card.I feel spring :)

Dawn's Daze said...

Beautiful as ALWAYS Brenda!! Thanks for sharing this combination of ideas!

Katy said...

AWESOME!!!!

Kim Hill said...

Oh I can't WAIT to get my hands on that Chevron folder! This is FABULOUS!!!

Karren said...

This card jumped out at me from the FMS gallery! Love what you've done with the embossing folder and that gorgeous wooden embellishment. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Amy O said...

Beautiful card! I love the distressed embossing and all those layers of loveliness. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cindy Lovell said...

I love this card!! I love how you created the embossed background and the layers!! Fab!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Unknown said...

There are so many amazing details on this card!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...