Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Big Ideas

I've been busy cutting card and club kits, and it's also tax time.  It's been crazy with paper in my office!  So for lunch today, I stopped everything in order to create.  I liked the sketch over at Sketch~N~Scrap, so I wanted to take the time to use it.  


My husband loves to fish.  In fact, this is the time of the year that he gets really antsy because spring just isn't coming fast enough.  I took this photo of him at the end of last summer with a couple of great Northern Pike catches.  If you've been reading my blog, you know that he has his own scrapbook down in his man cave, and he truly does love looking through these layouts.  Maybe that's why I find such pleasure in creating them!

Artbooking played a big role on this layout.  The notebook page, paper clips, round arrow, and "big ideas" were all die-cut from that cartridge.  This is paper from Timberline, and I will be using a lot of this for Jerry's book.  Embellishments are from the Timberline Assortment, Wooden Mini Medleys, and Wooden Trinket Shapes.  The alphabets are Tiny Type Epoxy and Keyboard Kraft.

Now it's time for me to get back to work.  But not before telling you that I really appreciate that you stopped by today!

Pin It

12 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad you could play along with us Brenda! We miss you at Sketch N Scrap! Great job with the sketch, what an awesome masculine layout!

Nancy Ball said...

Love it! It is no wonder your husband loves his scrapbook that documents all of his big catches. If only you could document the "ones that got away"!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job Brenda. That is so awesome he has his own scrapbook of his fishing adventures. Great idea and what a catch!!

Lissa said...

So fun! Love your masculine page. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kim Hill said...

This is fantastic, Brenda! What a perfect paper collection for you fisherman! :D

Lynn said...

Such a cool layout. Timberline is perfect for your Jerry/fishing photos! I love all the Cricut cuts and wood embellishments you used here.

Kerry said...

What a wonderful page you have created and the paper/colour combo is beautiful. I sure your husband treasures your pages. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Jen said...

What a great layout!! Love the colors and your photo! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Fantastic and fun LO. Love the colors and pic. Awesome take. Thanks for playing along with us on
Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

Great page! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
Surama

Darcy said...

Awesome layout version of a card sketch! Love doing that too! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kim Butterworth said...

Congrats on your win at Sketch N Scrap. I love this page and the colours that you have used.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...