Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Welcome to the Simply Inspired Annual Inspirations Blog Hop!


We are so very happy to be sharing artwork from the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book on this hop!  If you've come here from the lovely and talented Blythe's blog, you are on the right path.  This blog hop is a great big circle, so if you are starting here, you can work your way around.  If you need help getting on track, you can find the full blog hop list HERE.


I was asked to teach a creative presentation at Convention using the new Scaredy Cat paper.  The minute I saw my supplies, I knew I had to highlight two things.  First of all, I wanted to show how to use the bold print that you see as a background.  By pulling out the Slate and Black in that piece of paper, I was able to effectively create a spooky look to the page.  I also wanted to show those AWESOME Scaredy Cat sticker complements.  So often we think we have to just put a sticker on the page and be done with it.  If you like a little more clustered and bulky look to your page, our cardstock stickers are perfect with 3-D foam tape.


By using dimension, you can see that I was able to tuck things in here and there to create fun clusters throughout the layout.  I've popped up one of the photo mats to highlight a favorite picture and tied a rough knot with black striped twill ribbon to lend to the spooky feel of the pages.  The stars and metal pieces are from the Scaredy Cat Assortment, and those embellishments finish off the layout very nicely.

Now it's time to hop over to the amazingly talented Bren.  You are going to love her creativity!!  

Pin It

18 comments:

Blythe said...

I love your work! You have made me excited for Halloween and it's still weeks away!

Unknown said...

Happy favorite day of the year! (my B-day! hahaha) I love everything about your layout! and you too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love Halloween time! Saw this layout on a post and wasn't aware it was yours. LOVE IT! Great job Brenda!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa Stenz said...

Love your layout Brenda! You are the queen of clusters and I absolutely LOVE clusters!! *Ü*

Anita said...

What a Spooktacular page!

bren said...

Stunning! Well done! Makes me want to get out that paper and play!

Larisa said...

Very creative work! I love everything on this.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pages! So fun! I love the haunted house with the clustering around it!

Unknown said...

Hello, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the dimension and design on this layout. Totally stunning! Can't wait to create with this fun kit!

Katy said...

OMGSH!!! I literally almost cried when I saw this layout...stop laughing...I did!!! I usually try and make something "my own" when I find inspiration but THIS ONE is getting COPIED just as it is!!!!

Unknown said...

Howling good! Spooktacular! I don't know 'witch' detail I love most. I don't think you could have 'eeeked' out one more drop of gorgeousness. Bootiful!

AaronB said...

You ladies are so awesome. I look forward to this every month! WOW, just WOW!

Nancy Ball said...

What an amazing layout....I love all of the details.

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

what amazing detail...as always, Brenda! :) Love how you used the Complements in your creation! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda can you tell me what CTMH layout you used! Love the layout!

Pam said...

Love your layout Brenda!! But then again, I pretty much love all of your artwork!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...