Sunday, August 17, 2014

Everything is Better With a Friend

I thought it would be wonderful to spend the next week telling you all about our new Shinhan Touch Twin Markers.  These markers are made with an alcohol-based ink formula which means you can color and blend easily.   Let me show you a card I made showing simple coloring.


First of all, I stamped the image with black archival ink.  
(This stamp set is called Better With a Friend and is available to hostesses only for just $10.00.  It has three of these adorable girlfriends and two great sentiments.)  

NOTE:  It's very important that you use either archival ink or pigment ink as they won't bleed when coloring with alcohol ink.  

I used six different colors for this card:
B68 Turquoise Blue - scarf, purse
R140 Light Orange - shopping bags
P282 Peony Purple - shopping bags

This was straight-forward coloring with the fine tip end.  I wanted to start the week with simple coloring so that you can see how beautiful the ink is without doing anything else!  

TIP:  I find it much easier to color images by outlining the inside edge of the image and then filling in. If you have a small area (like the purse strap), simply dot the fine tip on that area.  Because it's alcohol ink, it blends together beautifully!  

We carry 24 Shinhan Touch Twin Markers along with one colorless blending marker.  
I am excited about the cost - just $5.95 each!  Here are the colors for you to see, and you can find them on page 180 of your Annual Inspirations Idea Book.


Something I am even more excited about is that you can earn these markers as Hostess Rewards!  
Hostess stamps, free markers, free paper, free ink, free stamps, free product, potential half-price items....a Close To My Heart hostess is so lucky!!!

Be sure to tune in all week as I show you other great images and techniques!

Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohmycuteness! Love this Brenda! Just adorable! The markers you used are so bright and match so well!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...