Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Have a Happy Day

As I create for my blog posts, I am just finding so much that can be done with our Embossing Folders!  I hope you are enjoying seeing the many, many ways that you can use them.

Today, I've inked my folder to create this card.


I went into my stash of retired colors to make this card.  I love how soothing all of these colors are together.

Let me tell you how I created my patterned paper.  I simply opened my folder and felt for the flat side.  I took my pigment ink (so easy because they are little 1" pads) and rubbed it all over the flat side of the folder.  Using pigment ink is a good choice because it stays wet for a little bit and allows you time to get you paper in the folder and run it through your embossing machine.  Those of you that know pigment ink are probably very worried about the ink on your folder.  Don't worry because it's really easy to clean off!  When you are done, simply spritz your folder with our spray cleaner.  Wipe it dry with a paper towel, and the spritz again.  This time clean it with our awesome double scrubber.  It works like a toothbrush and gets all the ink out of the crevices.  When you wipe it dry with your paper towel, it will be perfectly clean!  This is how my papers looked after taking them out of the Stripe and Dot embossing folders:


I have one more dry embossing technique to show you tomorrow, and then I will be moving on to a new series on Saturday that will go through the first week of September.  If you like my series on different ways to use Close To My Heart product, be sure to follow me on Bloglovin' or follow my blog by e-mail.

Thanks for stopping in today and have a most blessed day!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Oh...the goodness going on in this card!!! LOVE!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...