Monday, September 15, 2014

September Stamp of the Month, Liquid Glass, and the All-Purpose Craft Mat

I had a Gathering on Saturday, and I like to make pretty things for my hostesses.  When you a hostess at one of my Gatherings, you never quite know what you are going to get!  I happen to know that this hostess is hosting a large Thanksgiving dinner, so I wanted to make her a frame for a photo.


I used the last of my discontinued Balloon Ride paper for this pennant frame.  I made 2-3/4" roses from the Artiste cartridge.  And now's where I want to talk about Liquid Glass and the All-Purpose Craft Mat.


We all know that we can apply this clear liquid glass to stamped images, stickers, or any other item for an extra bit of 3-D sparkle and shine. The fine-tip applicator lets you apply it precisely where you want for a glossy, glaze-like look.  I also use it for adhesive because it has a strong hold!  Now that we have the all purpose craft mat, that makes my life a lot simpler!

The all purpose craft mat is a 15" × 20" non-stick mat perfect for all projects. It wipes clean easily, is heat resistant up to 240° Fahrenheit, and has a non-slip underside for work surface grip.  I keep mine on my desk and I no longer get adhesive on my work surface!  Anyway, when I want to use liquid glass as an adhesive, I squirt some on the craft mat.  I use a paint brush (I am always looking for cheap, disposable brushes) to spread the liquid glass on my surface and then attach paper. The excess liquid glass clean right off the mat with a paper towel.  But I really want you to notice something else I do with liquid glass and a paint brush.


Do you see that the hearts from the stamp of the month are shiny?  That is because I painted them with a thin layer of liquid glass. When you are using a stamped image on the outside of something that is sitting out, you really want to secure it so that it doesn't crumple or rip.  Liquid Glass does the trick!

Thanks for stopping in today (and maybe learning a new trick or two)!  I hope that your Monday is most blessed!!
Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice hostess gift. Beautiful work Brenda. I am also working on a pennant frame and it's so similar to this I had to take a double look! Love your flowers and design. Just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is stunning!!!!!
Blessings
Kim xXx

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...