Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Thankful Heart...For So Many Reasons!

This morning, I went to a class...yes, I had the opportunity to be taught!!  It was at my friend Marg's house.  I've linked her blog because you really should go see here at The Tater Patch.  You'll enjoy her blog!  Marg was my very first downline when I re-joined Close To My Heart in 2011, so after all this time, I am so glad I was able to take one of her classes!  We made the Thankful Heart box that is on page 53 of the Annual Inspirations Idea Book along with the gratitude cards.


Isn't that so pretty?  It went right on the hutch in my kitchen, and we'll use it for Thanksgiving Day.  I loved this class for a few different reasons:
  • I was able to spend the morning hours doing what I love - creating!
  • I spent the morning with friends, and that's an excellent way to spend any day!
  • Marg's workshop was smart.  Not only did she teach me some great techniques, but she taught me how important it is to remember the beautiful, beautiful artwork in the Idea Book.  A very smart workshop indeed!
And if that weren't enough, then Marg handed me this pretty pink bag.


And this is what was inside...


Oh, I was over the top excited!!  The Close To My Heart Convention is at Disney, and Marg knows I love to make fun things for my team members that come with me.  Look at all those mouse heads and princess crowns!  I can't wait to create with these!!

I have a very thankful and overflowing heart today.  I have such wonderful, giving, and caring friends.   So many of them I am fortunate to call team members, and that makes my heart really happy.  I didn't know so many of the Rose Blossoms before they came to my team, but each one holds a special place in my heart.  God has really blessed me!

Thanks for stopping by this weekend!! 


Pin It

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Awwww, feeling the love!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Love everything about this post. Thanks for sharing. :)

Alyson Mayo said...

I just love this beautiful post - you made my day. Thanks so much for sharing! You are obviously a wonderful leader as your team members simply adore you, and so they should :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful project. Marg is such a creative person and this project is so cute.

We all enjoy spending time with you...you teach from your heart and we always take a lot of ideas back home with us.

Thanks for sharing, Brenda.

Marg Van Patten said...

You are so kind. It's always a pleasure to host friends and partners-in-craft. I've learned so much from you, as have so many others. This has been a wonderful journey with more adventures yet to come ... like Convention 2015!Your journal box turned out beautifully, glad you enjoyed!

Unknown said...

What fun! I wish I could have joined you guys too!

Unknown said...

So sweet and I cannot wait to see what you create with the mouse ears and crowns...it will be gorgeous and fun!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...