Wednesday, March 18, 2015

His Love

I've started working on my Easter cards, and I so love creating for this day.  I've used the stamp set His Love.


Lilies are my favorite flower of the spring, and I think the art department at Close To My Heart did an excellent job with this stamp.  It looks like a true lily and still captures the simplicity.  I stamped the flower using olive pigment ink.  I heat set image, and then I lightly colored the stem with an olive watercolor pencil.  The olive, honey, and gypsy paper is all from the Paper Fundamentals collection.  If you haven't been introduced to Paper Fundamentals, they are print on one side and clear embossed print on the other.  Look closely at the olive banner above the sentiment.  That is the back side of the olive fundamentals.  

The His Love stamp set is just $9.95, and the lily measures almost 3" in height.  This is a great stamp to have in your collection!


Easter is my favorite time of the year.  Eighteen years ago, I went to a Christian retreat called Cursillo, and it changed my life.  And it changed the way I look at Easter.  Easter isn't one day of the year, but every single day we live in the assurance of the Risen Christ.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope that your day is most richly blessed!

Pin It

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony of your love for the Lord. He has changed my life also! We are the ones who are blessed beyond measure and sharing his love with others is amazing! Vicki

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...