Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mom, You are Special

I happened to see a sketch this morning by the lovely Michelle over Atlantic Hearts.  It inspired me to pull out  my Flowers for Mom stamp set.


I cut the card base and sentiment tag from Artfully Sent.  The tag is meant to be an insert to a card, but what a delicate base!  I've used a piece of Glacier Paper Fundamentals for matting.  The sentiment on the tag is all one stamp, so I simply used clear tape to mask off the separate parts to achieve two colors.  I stamped the flowers with black archival ink and colored them with pastel green and tender pink alcohol markers.  I colored the inside of the petals with the alcohol blending pen to give them a shadow.  Finally I finished it off with some glacier twine (you'll see that on April 1st!).

(All of these products can be found on my website.)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Pin It

17 comments:

Mary Ellen Harrison abeautifulscrapbook@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous as usual!!! Love the card base you chose.

Lisa said...

When I saw this card earlier I thought that fits the challenge sketch for this week and here it is again! As I said before...😍

Michelle Stewart said...

Brenda, you do not disappoint. Everyone of your creations is always so stunning. I love the elements and the fine details of this card. Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us on our celebration of 100 sketches.

Chasn Paper said...

Beautiful! I love the card base, and the colors you used are perfect together!

Brandi said...

Stunning, simply stunning. Brenda your work always is so inspiring to me, I am a huge fan! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Unknown said...

In LOVE with this card. May I be your mom? ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card! Your colouring is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card.I love the colors and the flowers. Good job on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at AHSC

Linda Norman said...

Beautiful! I like the base what a great idea!

Jasmina said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colors and the design. Thanks for joining us this week at AHSC!

Christines Creative Capers said...

I LOVE this card it is absolutely stunning! - thank you for joining in the 100th sketch celebration at the AHSC

Wendy Coffman said...

So lovely! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!

Lauren said...

Wow, this is a stunning card! never would have thought to pair the pink and greeny blue together but it works so well. Thanks for joining us for our 100th challenge!

Unknown said...

Could you please tell me where to find the base on the artfully sent cartridge. Love the scallop edges

Unknown said...

Can your tell me where the base is on the artfully sent cartridge, love the scallop edges but cant find it.

Unknown said...

can you tell me where the base is on the artfully sent cartridge. love the scallop edge

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...