Thursday, May 21, 2015

Taste of Summer Note Card

I am so very grateful for the beginning of summer!  There is nothing like green grass, leaves on trees, birds singing, and flowers blooming.  So I nestled today's cards in my geranium.


I used the Vine Embossing Folder on the purple sheet in Taste of Summer.  I sanded it off a bit to give it that little bit of distressed look.  That bunch of lemons is so summery that I just had to add a butterfly, too!  My inspiration for this card came from Lisa at Sketch-n-Scrap.  

You have until May 31st to order your Taste of Summer paper (just $8.95 for 12 sheets!) and stamp set.  I am so glad that I have this set in my collection!  It's just plain fun!

I can't leave without showing you the planter that Shane made me for my birthday.  On Mother's Day, he went to the greenhouse with me and then planted it for me.  He painted all the pots and then stenciled flowers on a couple of them.  What a great kid!  


Thanks so much for stopping in today for my "taste of summer"!!

Pin It

9 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

What a nice gift, your son did a great job! Love the bright colors of your card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

M said...

great take on the card sketch! Love the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

theoldesaltbox said...

Wonderful card! Love the colors and your lemons. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

Marg Van Patten said...

Beautiful card! What a great idea to emboss that background paper. The color combo is fun and as always, your signature cluster is perfect! There's no doubt about where Shane got his creative talent .... it's wonderful to see how he's sharing it with you! Love that planter!

Marie-Christine Denis Mixed Média said...

Lovely card!
Thanks to joining us at Sketch n Scrap!

Unknown said...

Great card! The colors you used are amazing!

Kerry said...

A Stunning and vibrant card Brenda and I LOVE your stacking pots, what a wonderful gift! Thanks for sharing your summer card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Kelly said...

Wow! Gorgeous take on the card sketch! Love the colors and butterflies as well as your beautiful yard! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

Golden Goddess Designs said...

so bright and beautiful! love the embossing! thanks for sharing with us at Sketch n Scrap in May!

Alicia

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...