Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Do What Makes You Happy

Sometimes I feel like I run around in dizzy circles in the summertime.  There is so little summer in Minnesota, and we try to pack so much in.  I am lucky to be a full-time CTMH consultant for many reasons, but today is means I can grab all of my work and sit outside.  I love that!

Anyway, I picked up the Dizzy Circles stamp set this morning to make this card.


I have been trying to use my spray pen more often because it lends such a great feel to a project.  Let me give you a hint about what I do that makes my crafting time a little easier and faster.    I fill a spray pen 2/3 full of alcohol, and then I add the desired amount of re-inker.  I spritz a whole 12 x 12 sheet of paper at different angles and textures.  Then when I want a piece of sprayed paper, it's ready to go!  

Let's see, I've got some retired Juniper ribbon and buttons on this card along with the some wooden trinkets shapes.  These are on the While Supplies Last section of my website, and you will not regret having them!  The sentiment tag is from the Happy Birthday card kit.  (You know, just because these pieces are in a kit doesn't mean you can't use them elsewhere!)  The sentiment is from the Wavy Blooms stamp set.

Now, I've got work to do and artwork to create.  I don't think I have told you here, but I was asked to be an Extravaganza teacher at the Close To My Heart North American Convention.  I have been working on some pretty top secret stuff, and I am enjoying every minute!  I will look forward to September 1st when I can share this with all of you!!

In the meantime, try not to run into in too many dizzy circles this summer!!  Sit back relax, and take in the wonderful summer sunshine!

Pin It

3 comments:

Dawn - Decorating Days said...

whoo hoo! Coming to see your creations in California. Can't wait!

Lynn said...

Great tip, beautiful card! Can't wait to see your artwork in a few weeks!

Unknown said...

Adorable card Brenda. Love the dizzy circles stamp set and you have really showed it off on this card. Need to try the spritzing technique. Such a nice background touch. Beautiful work!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...