Thursday, January 28, 2016

Simply Inspired Blog Hop - Seasonal Expressions


Welcome to the Simply Inspired Blog Hop!  We are showcasing projects using brand new product from Seasonal Expressions Volume 1.  

If you arrived here from the lovely and talented Lisa's blog, you are in the right place!  

My project started with a whole lot of random stamping and coloring...


I used the stamp set Friend in Me and Shinhan markers.  I colored the flowers with are Peony Purple, Tender Pink, Turquoise Blue, Leaf  Green, Golden Yellow, and Light Orange.  I didn't like the stark white background, so I filled it in with the Pastel Peach marker.

Then I cut the paper into 4" x 3" rectangles to insert into our black display tray.


I wanted this project to be about my sisters, so I simply added some purple and gold glitter mats, black and gold ribbon, and a heart charm.


Your next stop is the incredibly sweet and creative Sheri!


This is the beautiful floral stamp set I used for my project:

Pin It

18 comments:

Sheri Rottler said...

Beautiful Coloring and art, Brenda! Love it! XOXO

Debbi Fournier said...

That's a lot of coloring and boy was it worth the time! Such a special layout!

Blythe said...

Brenda, you are so patient to color all of that! It turned out beautifully. Well done!

Unknown said...

What a great project, and so on trend with the adult coloring craze. I love that you used this happy paper you created to celebrate you with your sisters. Fabulous!

Tina Lovell said...

Adult coloring books have nothing on you! woo-hoo!!!

Melissa Robinson said...

Love random stamping you did and how you used it for the frame! Perfect highlight to the photo. Beautiful!

Katy said...

So FUN and PRETTY!!!

Vonney said...

Beautiful work!

Margi Gilbertson said...

Love it Brenda! What a gorgeous piece of decor for your home! You are a coloring champion!

Unknown said...

What a great expamle of using the stamps to make coloring pages. Love this

Shelly Nemitz said...

This piece literally brings tears to my eyes. It's beautiful art, of course. But it's such a precious piece to celebrate your sisters. Your dedication to showcasing family in your projects always inspires me.

Unknown said...

Isn't it just so relaxing to do that coloring. Love how you used that page. Gorgeous.

Morgan Vogt said...

Wow, this must have been a zen coloring experience for you. :) Just beautiful.

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

So very pretty - and the perfect NEW stamp set to use your coloring skills. Your coloring is gorgeous, and finished project is so special. :)

Bren Hughes said...

You clever girl! Simply beautiful! Love your custom background paper!

Lisa Stenz said...

Wow! I absolutely love your display tray Brenda! Your coloring is beautiful and your final project is fabulous!! *Ü*

Paper Plus Denise said...

Just beautiful. You must be very relaxed and Zen after all that coloring! So pretty. A perfect project!

Helen Gullett said...

How wonderful and sweet layout!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...