Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sending You a Prickly Hug

I think it's amazing that Close To My Heart has so many fun medium to color with.  From dye ink to pigment ink to watercolor pencils to watercolors to alcohol markers, there are a number of ways that we can color our projects.  What I also like is that these mediums are fast and easy!

Today I wanted to play with the new Stuck on You stamp set and matching Thin Cuts.  I grabbed my watercolor pencils and blending pen for this project.


I used the Thin Cuts to die cut my shapes.  Have you seen these in the Seasonal Expressions book?  Let me show you the stamp set and die cuts next to each other.

Do you notice the blue lines around the stamp images?  That mean that there is a corresponding die cut for that image.  If you have never used die cuts, take a few minutes to watch this video from Close To My Heart:



Now, on to how I colored my die cuts...

I colored tall and round cactus with a clover meadow pencil and then went lightly over them with an olive pencil.  I used the blending pen to mix and blend the colors to achieve the look I wanted,  I colored the tips of the other cacti with citrus leaf and then blended that with clover meadow.  I used crystal blue and hydrangea pencils for the blooms.

As long as I had my cuttlebug out to cut the shapes, I used it to dry embos the background of my card using the diamond embossing folder.

I hope that you've enjoyed today's card!  Thanks for stopping in!

Be sure to come back tomorrow (Monday) evening for the Rose Blossom Blog Hop!

Pin It

2 comments:

Maz said...

I love the little extra detail you added to the rim of the pot. Great crad

Morgan Vogt said...

This is my favorite stamp set from SE1 and so far, this is my favorite card I've seen made with it. I'm totally CASEing this. :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...