Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Hubby's Valentine

It can be a little tougher to make a Valentine for a man, so I decided to go with the darker colors in the La Vie En Rose paper packet to make a side step card.


I grabbed the pomegranate cardstock and black striped paper from La Vie En Rose.  The flowers and sentiment were stamped with Memento ink and are from the La Vie En Rose workshop on the go.  I used Shinhan markers to color the flowers, and I wanted to match them to the pomegranate paper.  I colored the flowers with Cherry Pink first, and then I colored over that with Peony Purple.

Important:
You must color in that order to achieve a pomegranate color!

"You & Me," "Together" and the black hearts are from the La Vie En Rose complements.  The bow and glitter circles are from the Pomegranate Fundamentals assortment.

I love that I can pull so many matching products together to build a card!

It's dinner and a movie for us on Valentine's weekend.  
I hope that you have something special planned!  Don't forget to tell someone that you love them!


Pin It

4 comments:

Kandi said...

I love this! Your work is always so fabulous. :)

Unknown said...

Amazing!

Alyson Mayo said...

This is just beautiful - so touching. I'm sure he will love it, just as he loves you :) Stunning work, as always, my friend!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...