Friday, April 15, 2016

Show Me Your Close To My Heart Cricut Artwork!



Welcome to the Rose Blossom Blog Hop!  You know, this month when you join Close To My Heart, there's an extra something special for you.  If you have $350 in sales in your first 30 days, you can either choose a FREE Cricut cartridge of $100 in select product.

WOW!

So we wanted to refresh your memory during this hop of just exactly what our Cricut cartridges can do!  This hop is a circle, so no matter where you start you will end up at the beginning.  I've got a list of blogs at the bottom for you so that if you get lost, you can come back to me.  I know you are going to be inspired when you follow the list because I have seen sneak peeks!


It's such a joy to photograph my artwork outside in the natural sunlight again!  For this card, I went right to my Whimsy Paper Fundamentals.  I was inspired by the new chaise lounge Jerry bought me for the deck as it perfectly matches Juniper.  The color fundamentals I've used are Juniper, Flaxen, Sorbet, and Sweet Leaf.

This cut is actually all one piece from the Artistry cartridge.  I started with a base of Sweet Leaf, and then I just fussy cut to add the extra flowers.  The two stamped sentiments are from one of the exclusive stamp sets that come in the Artistry Collection.  (Did you know our cartridges come in a collection of cartridge, three stamp sets, and a paper packet?)

After I tucked everything together, I felt like it needed a little splatter of watercolor.  I mixed bright yellow watercolors with the orange right next to it in the palette - perfect!  To achieve these little splatters, I used the smallest brush.  Those little wooden elements are on clearance on my website for a steal!

Now it's time to move on to Lynn.  Her steak peek was fabulous, so I can't wait to head over there myself.  In fact, I can't wait to hop through everyone's blogs!!

My uber talented Rose Blossoms participating in this hop:


Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning! This color palette is perfect! Love the spatters.

Morgan Vogt said...

You created such a gorgeous bouquet just by layering flower images - I love it! And I love that color combo - I'm going to need to try that.

Kristine Porter said...

You chose such a happy color combination! I love the paper fundamentals too-- so versatile! Lovely work!

Marg Van Patten said...

What a lovely example of creative-cricut-cut-clustering! The watercolor spatters set everything off perfectly. Juniper lounger huh? I think Jerry is kinda sweet on you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Brenda. That flower is a favorite circuit cut in Artistry. The water color splats are a perfect accent. Nice work!!

Lynn said...

Just gorgeous Brenda! Love the color combo.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...