Sunday, September 18, 2016

Hey There, Pumpkin!

I love the fall and everything about it.  The crunch of the leaves, the transformation of the maples and oaks, my flowering sedum and aster, and the cool nights.  Truly, it's such a wonderful season.  I feel like I say that about that about the beginning of every season, but maybe that's why I live in Minnesota.  The four seasons bring me so much joy!

There's a really cute new stamp set in Holiday Expressions called Autumn Wishes.  There are two patchwork pumpkins and two sentiments in this set.  I've used all those stamps to make the next two cards.



Now I made both cards the same way, so let me tell you what I did.  I stamped the pumpkin twice in Goldrush and once in Saffron.  You will use one of the Goldrush pumpkins as the base.  Cut out the center 3 layers of the Saffron pumpkin and adhere to the top of the base pumpkin.  Finally cut out the center section of the 2nd Goldrush pumpkin and adhere on top of the Saffron piece.  I left adhesive off of the edges of the pieces so that I could roll them a little for dimension.

The card base is 4 1/4" square.  The Saffron dot sheet from the Enchantment Fundamentals is cut at 3 3/4" square.  The white daisy center is 3 1/4" square.  Before placing the pumpkin, stamp the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment in Saffron, and then I rolled the bottom in Goldrush for subtle ink dimension.

I used Fern twine to make the pumpkin tendrils along with Fern paper from Enchantment Fundamentals to make the banners (1/2" x 3/4").  I stapled those little banners before adhering them.  Gold sequins finished off this fall card nicely.

Here is the Autumn Wishes stamp set, and it's just $9.95!

Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Lisa McCown said...

These cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.

Lynn said...

Love it.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...