Thursday, June 2, 2011

You and Me: Stronger Together and Express Yourself

Do you remember the lovely You & Me kit from last month?   (You can see my artwork in this post.)
Close To My Heart has put together an amazing opportunity to help the people that were affected by the tornadoes and floods in the midwest and southern states called You and Me: Stronger Together.  During the month of June, you can purchase the You & Me kit for $15 (more than 50% off!), and a portion of the proceeds will go directly to the American Red Cross 2011 Floods and Tornadoes relief operations.  There aren't many times we can get our scrapbooking supplies at such amazing discount AND help a very worthy cause at the same time.  Please e-mail me at girlygirlrose43@msn.com if you would like to purchase this kit or go directly HERE to my website and order it.  While you are there, don't forget to click on the "While Supplies Last" tab to pick up some amazing deals!

Okay, now on ot some artwork!  I love playing along with Heart 2 Heart challenges, and this week they had the best sketch.  It is versatile and very open to interpretation.  The tutorial this week at Splitcoaststampers is a center step card, so I grabbed some of my favorite paper and combined the two.

Isn't this a fun pattern?  And really easy to make!  These Just Blooms paper flowers were white, and I dyed them with vineyard berry re-inker.  That is so easy to do!  Grab a dixie cup and half fill with water.  Add re-inker drops to the depth of color that you'd like and dunk the flowers.  I leave mine in there about 30 seconds or so to really soak up color.  Then you can lie them flat to dry.  If I am impatient (this usually happens!), I dry them with my heat gun.  Other items used are Wings Level 2, Find Your Style stamp set (January stamp of the month), Clear Sparkles, Juniper Waxy Flax, Black Mini Medleys, and Black Grosgrain.

Hope you are having a beautiful June day!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Melanie said...

Love it!! Such a fun card. Thanks for including the link to the tutorial.

dstandard said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! Love it!

Karen Day said...

Lots to love about this card, Brenda! Great details, and I love the step card idea. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

Haley D. said...

Beautifully elegant card! Thanks for trying this week's H2H sketch!

Melinda Everitt said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...