Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What a LOVELY Gift!

I went to this mailbox today and found this lovely quilted runner from my sister, Linda. Aren't the colors just beautiful? She had so generously made them for scrapbooking weekend a few weekends ago, and I was not able to be there. So in the mail, here I received one today anyway! Wasn't that nice of her?! Scrapbooking weekends with family are about so much more than scrapbooking. You get to talk, share what's going on in life, share old and new pictures (and maybe get them scrapped!), eat lots of unhealthy food - and what I've found is this. You walk away closer than you ever were before. I have a feeling that the scrapbooking and stamping weekends of today are similar to the quilting bees of the past.

This is a beautiful treasure on my dining room table. I have a feeling that my sisters and nieces that were able to attend that weekend store fabulous memories in their table runners!

I thought I'd share a few of the other gifts I received in the past 10 days. I am so grateful for family and friends ~




5 comments:

Kristina said...

I wasen't at the scrapbook weekend either, and recieved mine this past weekend and it also looks very nice on my dining room table! Also what nice gift's you received, I am curious I see some bag that say's "Thatcher's" what is that? I am very curious since that is my maiden name.

Laughsalot said...

Well we all know that scrapbooking weekends for me is all about SOCIAL!! I love them because there are always good conversations, GREAT food, and just plain good company! When are we having another one?? :) Those table runners or placemats are beautiful! I love mine too! It went so well on our table. The pillow blanket that Linda made for Owen is just wonderful. He loves it. I walked by his room the other day and heard him say "And now it is a pillow!"

Brenda said...

Isn't that funny, Kristina? I thought of you, too!! I remembered that was your maiden name! It WAS caramel corn - long gone in this house of caramel corn lovers!
I was wondering, too, about another scrapbooking weekend. It would be nice to have them more often.
Those boys must keep you both laughing all the time. Little boys are so much fun :)

Kristina said...

Well I might just have to look into that caramel corn I had to take a 2nd look when I saw the name LOL..and yes another scrapbooking weekend is a must, I really love them too it is so much more than just scrapping! Hopefully with everyone's summer schedules we can squeeze one in.

Linda said...

What a nice outpouring of gifts and support! The table runner looks really nice in the picture. It is good to hear that Owen likes his Quillow!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...