Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beautiful Colors!



I didn't know what I would think about working with these colors. Every Monday, I anxiously await the color challenge on Jeanette Lynton's blog from Close To My Heart. I do think she has an amazing eye for putting color together and creating!
I am working on finishing my cruise book (Still. Yes, I kow we want last October!) But I am glad that I had such color inspiration for these pages about Nice, France. I'll tell you a secret. I am not fond of the color Brown Bag, and I wondered what on earth I was going to do with it! But look at what awesome journaling blocks that color makes - LOVE it! For Juniper and Creme Brulee, I used pieces from the Key To My Heart packet. Oh, that paper is gorgeous!! The two large dark flowers are Bazzill, but the rest are Prima Naturals. The rest of the accessories are CTMH Creme Brulee.
Oh, I am thankful for scrapbooking. This was a long lingering layout that I took my time making. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of the time we spent in Nice, France. The people we lovely, the chocolate was rich, the soaps in the shops smelled wonderful, and the markets were amazing. Truly, a trip we will never forget.
Thank you, Jeanette, not only for the color inspiration, but for the amazing cruise. You'll never know how much it meant to us.

8 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful layout...makes me want to go there:)

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

Breathtaking! I have a question about your flowers. They are so pretty. Are you coloring them, or using differnt flowers? I can't tell from the photo. Can I pay you to do my book! UNBELIEVABLE!

Brenda said...

Jamie, you would love it. It's one of the places I hope to go back to again in my life.

Tina, what a HUGE compliment from you! The two large brown flowers are Bazzill paper flowers. I work with them a lot. The smaller ones are all from the Prima Naturals line. Oh, if you haven't seen them, do a google search. They are so beautiful and there are so many different kinds. I love using flowers on my layouts and on my cards, so I am always seeking out the newest and best!

Unknown said...

Brenda, I am finding that you and I have so much in common, yay!!! I was kind of thinking about these colors the same way. I love this layout! My style for scrapbooking is much like yours, I use flowers on every page in some way! I really like how you used pieces of the Key to My Heart paper! Your work is amazing!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Brenda said...

Kim, what fun to find a "sister" in crafting! I look at your work and think I could not equal it - you are so talented!! I use flowers all over my son's pages, too. There's a flower for every card or page, isn't there? LOL!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it! Gorgeous layout and memories.

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Your Blog is wonderful. You make great things.
I hope, I may store your Blog with myself with.
Lots of love from Germany sends
Annette

Michelle H. said...

What a beautiful layout!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...