Monday, June 22, 2009

A Few Cards for a Few Occasions

I needed to make a few cards for some people, so that's how I kept busy on this very hot summer day. Whew! What a day! Even the pooch didn't like it outside very much today.

I used K and Company paper on my first card. It is actually just one sheet - Cut 'N Paste Roses Thermography. The polka-dotted pattern is from the back side of the sheet. This is just beautiful paper. Along with it, I used a Stampendous birthday stamp and CTMH ribbon sparkles. Easy peasy. I am entering this card in Stamping 411 challenge.
My next card took a little more time as I spent some time giving this one an antique look. This card will go in the CPS 121 Challenge. I love this paper, and I've been a bit of a hoarder with it. Let me tell you a little of what I did with this card. Unless otherwise noted all supplies are from Close To My Heart. I used Silhouette paper, Make it Count stamp set, Lovely Lace stamp set, colonial white buttons, black organdy ribbon. The flowers are from Bazzill. I stamped the clock and numbers on colonial white with archival ink. I sponged over them with bamboo ink to give them an antique look. The lace is a stamp. I used Dazzle versamark and black embossing powder. I sponged over with bamboo ink. The embossing resists the ink, and it just fills in other parts. I like this antique card, and I hope the receiver will too!


My last card is for an early July birthday. Isn't this sugar-coated Reminisce paper fun? I used my largest circle and scalloped nesties to make the popped up circular fireworks. That gorgeous ribbon is from CTMH, the stamp is from Heidi Grace, and I used the window word punch from SU! I am putting this card in the weekly Sweet Stop challenge.



Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. I'm thinking that it will be another good day to create, and I always look forward to doing more!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, if this is what you do on a hot day, I am coming on over...In all three cards, I thought to myself, 'How could the next one be better than this?' Then I scrolled down....All three are fabulous and very beautiful! Your work inspires me so much.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Selene Kempton said...

Look at you with the 3 challenges! Beautiful Job Brenda!

Unknown said...

All 3 are gorgeous but I especially love the silhouette card for the CPS challenge...so elegant!

Ann said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards! Great work with all the sketches!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 sketch challenge this week!

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are all great cards but my fav is the one for cps... awesome!

Unknown said...

Your cards are fantabuloue! love your papers!

Unknown said...

Oops! that's supposed to be fantabulous!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...