Saturday, June 6, 2009

Party-Filled Weekend

My niece Lacey graduated last weekend, so we went up north to celebrate at her party this weekend. Now tell me, isn't this just the cutest picture of her and her boyfriend? What a sweet pair!
It was such a lovely graduation party! So many people came to wish Lacey well as she faces her future. She is going to follow in my sister's footsteps and go into Occupational Therapy.

As I grow older, it's a unique experience to watch my older nieces and nephews raise their children. They should be so proud of the job they are doing! Young children watch their mom and dad so closely, and they are all so aware of that. They set such a good example and really keep their children in the forefront. How proud my sisters must be of their children!

I'll be posting a picture later this week of a gift my sister Linda made. It's the cutest apron that she machine embroidered with my name. The fabric is such that it will be a craft apron for me. So nice!! The best part is that she made them for all my sisters choosing fabric that she thought would suit each each one of us. I love gifts from the heart - and this is another one from her!

I was washing dishes for my sister Patti (Lacey's mom), and I also got to re-connect with a niece and nephew I hadn't seen in awhile. They both came to me at separate times and we had nice chats over dishwater. I love those kind of times. Unplanned, unscripted, real.

So, now Jerry and I are home again, and I have "bookends" sleeping to the left and to the right of me. That would be Chanel and Sassy. Do you think the pets miss me when I'm gone for 24 hours? LOL!

Off to get ready for my scrapbooking day tomorrow at Archiver's. I'm loking forward to spending the day with my mother-in-law working on pictures. I'm sure you'll see someone of the finished product next week!

No comments:

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...