Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CPS Sketch #126

I saw this fun and versatile sketch over at CPS. Looking at the sketch, it allows for so much creativity! I started out with aprinted 8"x8" piece of paper from Autumn Leaves. This is their poppy collection. After folding it, I layered another piece (filled with poppies on stems). I thought edge distressing was pretty important on this card, so I rough up the edges of the paper. The chipboard 3-d elements are from Autumn Leaves as well. The 3-d poppies gave me a chance to accentuate the background poppies. I grabbed some random ribbon and poked a black safety pin through the knot.

These colors and patterns are somewhat out of my box, but that is exactly why I picked up this paper pack. It was a whole 12x12 pad on clearance, and it came out to be just 6 cents a sheet. It even has die-cuts and tags in the back of the pad. The matching chipboard pieces were just 4 cents each. What a deal!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this paper! I have thought about buying it many times, but just couldn't think of a good way to use it. You made a gorgeous card with it. I love the way you tucked the poppies in behind your sentiment. You totally rocked this challenge!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Penny said...

this is a very pretty card@!

suzARTe said...

this is a lovely card. The poppie's look gorgeous on the black PP

Laurel said...

Wow, that sketch had me stumped but you totally rocked it!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun flowers, black and bling. Wonderul job with the CPS sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...