Wednesday, July 29, 2009

La Sagrada Familia

or "Temple of the Holy Family." These pictures are from our trip to Barcelona last October. This is one of the most incredible structures I have ever seen. First of all, it is massive - beyond description. One side tells the birth of Jesus, and around the block on the other side it tells the crucifixion and resurrection. This structure was started in 1882 and is still not completed today. If you ever go to Barcelona, make sure it is one of your highlights!

I completed this page for a Creative Scrappers challenge. There was no sketch, but rather ad that was to inspire us. At the bottom of my post, you'll find the picture of the ad.

I also wanted to do an up close picture of my journaling block with the hearts attached. You'll notice that I stamped and cut two colors to give them a layered look. Let's see what else I can tell you about this page. The vine border was stamped with an image from the
KTMH stamp set. The hearts, journaling block, and "tell the story" are also stamped from that set. The lines are stamped from Noteworthy and the scripture is from Come Unto Me. Colors used are Juniper, Sorbet, Colonial White, and Cocoa. Printed paper is from the Perfect Day packet. The Sorbet designer ribbon is also from CTMH. Oh - and the scallops are made from my EK Success corner rounder. Did you know that if you take the guard off and turn it upside down you can make scallops? Perfect. Then I just took my Crop-o-Dile and punched holes.

I have several La Sagrada Familia pages in my book, and this is going to go very nicely along with them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love this one too! I love the layerd hearts on your journaling block. I hope to travel to Barcelona someday with my Honeybee! I can retire in 11 years and hopefully, that is ALL we'll do, travel and scrap!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...