Friday, October 16, 2009

Chick'n Scratches Layout



Over at Two Chicks Design on Facebook, the Head Chick put out her first sketch challenge. If you don't have a Facebook account, Two Chicks is a great reason for getting one! Christie is always putting out good challenges, and not only that, she has amazing scrapping clothes and kits. Look for her at expos. You will see her booth!

Anyway, you will see that I flipped my pages form left to right, and then I rotated the sketch. My design holds true,you just see it a little differently - isn't individuality great?! Here are the challenge "rules":
  1. You have until 11:59 pm central time on Sunday, Oct. 18 to upload a photo of your layout using the sketch.
  2. Two Chicks will draw a name to win a $50 gift certificate to their site.
  3. You must use at least 2 buttons and 1 piece of chipboard on the layout.
  4. One word on the layout must be in your own handwriting.
  5. You have to use one piece of patterned paper that you have been "hoarding" for at least 6 months.

What a fun challenge! I knew right away I would be pulling you Moon Doggie from CTMH. I have had that paper sitting around since April. It's been a hoarder because I just didn't know what to do with it. Also, I wasn't quite certain when I bought it that I liked the paper packet.

All the products used are CTMH (except for the Bazzill flower). You'll notice that the skethc called for 5x7 prints. Well, here is a hint if you don't have any. I used 4x6 pictures, and there are four mats under the (2) 5x7 spots. They are measured in quarter-inch increments. I don't know how well you see it on the computer, but in "real life" - LOL! - I like the looks of it. I also popped up a few photos for character.

These is my sister Patti's family, and she is in the picture as well. We spent a day in Duluth with them, and it was gorgeous by Lake Superior. Truly it is wonderful to see her kids together. They certainly love each other, and their kindness towards each other is amazing. My sister Patti is truly a mother to be admired...

Jerry loves the layout and the faux woode grain paper that is used as the base sheet. Me? I like this layout, but I'm still not too sure I'll make anything else with this paper. Maybe it will be my one hoarding paper set!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that Jerry has a great eye! I was never a fan of the Moon Doggie either. I love what you've done with it here though! Your sister's family is beautiful! I'll have to check this out. Thanks lady and have a great time scrapping this weekend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Love it, I haven't used my Moon Doggie yet, perhaps I should dig it out.

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

Love this Brenda! Moon Doogie is one of my all time favorites! You should come visit me so you could take photos and compete an entire album. Consider this page lifted! Hope you don't mind!

Unknown said...

What an absolutely gorgeous layout! I love how you flipped the sketch. Tell those 2 chicks to do a blog! LOVE that sketch!

Dawnll said...

You have only one pack of paper you are hoarding??? You are delightful sweetie.What a fun layout, you have such a good eye with layouts.They all seem to draw me in like a good visit.I haven't learned that yet... Love this paper and I have only really made cards with it. Good luck in the challenge!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...