Monday, October 19, 2009

Embellishments You Won't Find in the Store

When I was cropping yesterday, I created some embellishments for my pages. I thought I'd share them with you!

The first one was created with die-cuts and flowers. I cut two flowers with my Slice "Think Pink" cartridge, and I layered them with Bazzill flowers. The order is diecut, flower, die-cut, flower, and button. So easy! This embellsihments is aobut 4" wide.

The next paper flower was created from a a flower in my Noteworthy Slice cartridge. Two different papers from Paper Loft and layering made this sweet 3" embellishment.

I love creating my own pieces for a page. Not only are they unique, but they exactly match the layout.
Try this sometime with whatever die-cutting machine or tool you have. Let me know how it turns out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda, these are perfect! This is such a great tip. I'm so glad you shared it with us. I always forget to look for the hidden potential in my supplies. I'm going to try this for sure! Thanks!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, my creative friend!

Dawnll said...

Oh I love these close up...you know how I love embellishments. That is the first thing I picked off your layout the othere day.Thanks for reminding me to look at all my supplies and using "tools" more often.Hugz

Laurel said...

These are great Brenda, thanks for sharing!

Selene Kempton said...

I just love your vintage style... Stunning!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...