Tuesday, October 20, 2009


I was in our backyard this afternoon playing "stick" with Chanel. We stopped to look at the oak tree. SO pretty right now - it's always the last to drop leaves. I got to thinking about the leaves and what I could do with them. So that was the end of "stick"!

I brought some leaves in of varying sizes, and I decided to use them on cards. First, I'll let you know that the pattern is from Card Maker magazine. Ok, so on to the leaves.

I took a leaf and rubbed it with Dazzle Versamark. I sprinkled it with clear powder and embossed it. What a shine came from this process - and what a great way to preserve the leaf in the process.

I used Barn Red and New England Ivy Textured CS from CTMH to create the card. The stamp set is TLC and is also from CTMH. I used my Script Cuttlebug folder for the front for dimension

What fun to use something from nature to send away as a card. If you aren't near your loved ones, you can send a little piece of yourself to them!

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

Wow I never thought of that, you are so smart, great idea and you know how much I love fall. Love your Halloween background

Laurel said...

Wow, what a great idea! Love it!

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

This is so pretty. I love the way you embellish! AMAZING! Love your new blog background too!

Unknown said...

What a brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

This card is incredible! I love the embossing folder you used here. The oak leaf is just so stunning on this card. The buttons, papers, ribbon, sentiment, and that charm are just so perfect together! Hugs to you today!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

This is Beautiful` Brenda
Thanks for joining in with the CB Challenges
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...