Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bo Bunny Sketch

I hope you all are staying warm. It has been so cold here. When we went out yesterday morning, it was 14 degrees below zero, and it never got above zero. There is a promised warm up, but after so many days of cold, it's hard to believe!

I found this fun sketch from Bo Bunny. I RARELY scrap without having clean, straight lines, so this was a good challenge for me!
I took a picture of the blue spruce in our backyard on Christmas morning. It was just so beautiful!! That picture was the jumping point for my layout. I used Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade paper. Oh my goodness - this is such beautiful paper! I find myself pulling it out over and over again. The transparency sheets are from Creative Imaginations and the black flower is from Bazzill. I used prisma glitter on "winter" to give it some pop and to compliment the sugar coated paper.
I took a close-up of this element. This large snowflake is a die-cut form the Snowy Serenade 12x12 sticker sheet. I used an EK Success powder tool to deactivate the stickness so that I was assured it would remain popped up. Of course I added glitter!!
Stay warm! I've got a bit of new paper to work with, so this may not be the last post you see today!

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful sketch, you did such a great job with all the details! Lovely picture that should make us appreciate the beauty of winter. I am not enjoying the cold either.

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This is wonderful LO.
Annette

Unknown said...

That tree is a beauty and I love that you wanted to capture something you love from the outside on Christmas morning. Love your take on this sketch. That big snowflake is incredible! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Julie from JulieChats said...

Just stopping by from the Bo Bunny challenge, I haven't gotten a chance to do a layout for it myself yet, but love to see everyone elses! Great photo & love the transperancy! Just signed up to follow you! I've got a scrapbook blog too, stop by for a visit sometime! http://juliechats.blogspot.com

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...