Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mother's Day and Kioshi

I am working on Mother's Day cards today for Operation Write Home. It is so much fun to use the rich new spring papers! For all the following cards, I am using Basic Grey's Kioshi. I think I have become attached to it because even though it is spring paper, there are warm undertones.

So let's take a look at the first sketch from OWH Stars and Stamps:

I sae this card in a unique sort of way. Rather than two diagonal pieces on the front, I created a diagonal pocket. Because this card is 5x7, it will give one of our soldiers a good amount of room to write on the insert and on the back of the card. The stamps used are Recollections and Stampendous. The gems are CTMH and Hero Arts. The ribbon is from Walmart.
Great sketch from the OCC Sketch Blog:


The stamps is a Stampendous wood mount. The gems are from Michael's, the button and waxy flax from CTMH, and the ribbon is from Wal-Mart.
My final Kioshi card is a sketch from CPS:

Believe it or not, I love clean and simple cards. I am very taken by this sketch because of that. I've rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper. Ribbon is Walmart, stamp is Stampendous, and bitty sparkles are from CTMH.
Well, I'm off to make some more cards. I just love having days off!!

10 comments:

CARO said...

I love your Mother's Day cards.. Sketch challenge card is gorgeous...

Unknown said...

Brenda,
These are so very beautiful! I love your little purple twine in the button! Such a wonderful cause and I know these will make sons, daughters, and mothers so happy!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! And, you are so ahead of the game already getting Mother's Day cards done!

Dawnll said...

Wow these are all stunning, what a wonderful place to share them.
I am always impressed with your beautiful creations.

Cheryl said...

I love all of these -the papers and layout were beautiful on all of them!

Nancy Keller said...

Wow I love all of these! What a cool idea to make a pocket card - I love that ribbon and all of the pretty colors here. :)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty cards! I love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Rose said...

oh they are all beautiful and what a great cause to send them to :) thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Gloria Stengel said...

Love this color combo! And waxy flax...that's awesome stuff. Thanks for playing at OCC.

Jennifer Meyer said...

What beautiful Mother's Day cards Brenda, I LOVE the purples and you rocked each of the sketch challenges!

Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge over at the OCC! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...