Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Backyard Girl

Over at a blog for Adorn It, the gals are having a challenge using three elements:
  1. You must have something scalloped
  2. You must have a picture of yourself in the layout, and
  3. You must use little letter
I haven't seen much Adorn It at all, so you can imagine how happy I was to see it come in at Archiver's!  I grabbed three sheets of paper, and this is the layout I came up with:

Items used are Adorn It Bee Happy and Bug Buddies paper, some gems, and a little random ribbon.  The flower is a gerbera daisy from my "big vase of random flowers for crafting" (yes, that is what I call it) and I made the center paper flower with scraps of Adorn It paper. 

These are the cutest lines!  Cute little bumblebees, flowers, and lots of other flying bugs that are really cute.  If you have a bug-lovin' kid like I did, this is a great line to look for! 

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful picture and layout, love the flower.

Unknown said...

I love this photo of you, sweet friend. The layout is divine!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Debbie said...

Hi Brenda - Debbie here, I'm the editor at Adornit. I'm so happy...HAPPY...that you entered the monthly challenge! Your layout is darling (that paper flower...way cute), and you're right about how fun the Adornit summer collections are. I'm glad you found them at Archivers. And thank you for going to the effort of posting to Mr. Linky and linking to your blog. Is it OK if I put your layout on our Facebook page? Email me at deb84341@yahoo.com - thanks again!

Linda said...

Great page Brenda!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...