Thursday, April 8, 2010

Little Bird

Stretch N' Bubbles had a great blog hop on Wednesday (it's still going on so you can visit!), and they are starting sketches now.  SNB is also so generous - giving a freebie digital image every Wednesday.  How fun is that?  This is the sketch:
Here is what I came up with using the freebie digital image:

The brown polka dot paper is Jillibean, and the crystal blue cardstock is CTMH.  I used my Copics to color the little bird (this is still very new to me, so I am happy this was a little bird!).  The brad and sunflower are CTMH, and the large white flower is from Color Me Crazy.  The ribbon is random.  This card also fits the challenge over at OWH Stars and Stamps which is using blue and brown.  If you see some what seems like some far-off holidays shown in my cards, I am getting ready to send cards off to Operation Write Home.  They are in need of graduation cards by April 19th and Father's Day cards by May 15th.  Check out their website here if you are interested in helping!

Here are a couple of random cards that will be sent to OWH:

Paper is CTMH Veranda, the ribbon is random, and the stamp is a Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous.  I added Glossy Accents to the sticker rounds and "big."


This is also JilliBean paper along with CTMH Colonial White cardstock.  The flower stickease are CTMH Boom-Di-Ada, and the stamp is Hero Arts.

15 comments:

Susan said...

great job with the sketch--love the flowers! I did mine in purples and it is also going to OWH!
I am now a follower.
Susan

Susan said...

ooops...I am already a follower...I thought the name looked familiar LOL
Susan

Laurel said...

Oh these are so fantastic!

Martha said...

What a wonderful set of cards! Such yummy colors on each of them.

Lori said...

I love all your cards. You use some really great color combos. On the SNB card...I love the dotted paper and the big bright flower! Love the cute little bird in light blue! Thanks for playing along. I hope you'll continue to join us.
Lori

*Alison* said...

oooh.. I love these cards.. :) I love how you used the big flower.. and how the little bird just pop's right out.. great color combo too.. :) super cute card.. thanks for joining us at the SNB Sketch Challenge.. I can't wait to see next weeks creation.. HUGS
Alison
SNB-Owner

Dawnll said...

Wow these are wonderful again. I just love your cards...I want to be you when I grow up! te he

Unknown said...

You have been busy! All 3 cards are great. LOVE that Tim Holtz stamp!

Betty Benton said...

Love your polka dot backgound on the card for SNBSC1!

Unknown said...

Brenda, my sweet friend, I totally adore what you did with the sketch! Isn't that little blue bird the sweetest! You OWH cards are fantastic. I know just how much these cards mean! You are a beautiful soul!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathryn B said...

Love your card for the Stretch N' Bubbles challenge! Love the polka dots and that flower is perfectly cordinated with little bird! TFS

Betty said...

Great job on both of them :) Love the bird!

Betty J Schaub said...

so very pretty! love the simplicity of your card for SNB. TFS

Operation Write Home said...

Beautiful cards!! I almost didn't get to leave a comment because of the music - my computer doesnt like these players - but I made it work. :)

*Alison* said...

Brenda,
Congrats on winning the top 3 at the Stretch N' Bubbles challenge this week.. don't forget to grab your badge and stick it on your blog.. :) HUGS

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...