Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vintage LO

Quite by surprise, we received these pictures of my Dad when he was a little boy.  I am not certain what age he was in these pictures, but I am so grateful to have received them!  I was especially touched by the picture  of him as a little boy holding a baseball bat (that is seemingly way too big for him) and his baseball.  My Dad loved baseball, and I spent many afternoons watching it with him.  Eventually I went on to join the boy's little league team (there was no girl's team way back then), and he was one of the coaches.  But that is a story for another day.  The highlight of this post is the LO I created with these pictures.  For this LO, I grabbed a sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches:


I took a few liberties with the sketch, the biggest being that I did not "tilt" my pictures.  For those of you that have followed my blog, you know that I like straight lines on my pages.  I used Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi paper for this LO.  Bo Bunny is so nice because they sticker sheets, border strips, and tags.  LOVE matching elements!

Here is the journaling up close:

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, great to have these pictures and a fabulous layout for them!

Unknown said...

What a priceless treasure. Your family will love this for generations!

Martine said...

beautiful LO!! perfect papers for these wonderful pictures!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...