Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I loved the colors this week over at Play Date Cafe:

I sat down this morning to make a card with just plain cardstock (that's something you won't find from me often!), and here is my result:

I made the butterflies blue by misting white cardstock with sapphire glimmer mist.  Then I stamped the butterflies over the paper with black archival ink.  They are sparkly (if you click on the card, you will see it closer) because I sprayed the stamped butterfly then with iridescent gold glimmer mist.  This is a very simple card, but I like how pretty it turned out.

11 comments:

Dawnll said...

I would say it is very elegant, and so beautiful.

Ruby said...

Such a pretty card! I love your butterflies, they are really lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Irena said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colors. I love butterflies.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful sentiment! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

I love the butterflies. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing in the PDCC this week!

Barb Craft said...

Brenda... I LOVE this card!!! it is soooo amazing!! The butterflies are gorgeous!!
Isn't it amazing what we really can do when challenged with certain supplies!!?!!

Barb :)

Rosemary said...

Those butterflies are GORGEOUS!! And so very striking!

Unknown said...

OMG Brenda, This is just stunning! I love how you stamped and misted the butterflies. The sentiment and ribbon are just perfect for this one!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful. Sometimes it's good to step out of our comfort zone and see what we come up with, don't you think? I love what you did with all cardstock.

Unknown said...

This is lovely, Brenda! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Julie Ranae said...

what a beautiful entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge...so wonderful to have you play once again!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...