Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lots of Pink

At least a lot more pink than I am used to working with!  There is a challenge over at Play Date Cafe using some colors that I am not accustomed to working with.  I guess this week is all about true challenge for me!

I combined these colors with the sketch from OCC Sketch Blog:



Items used: Bo Bunny Petal Pushers; Petaloo Color Me Crazy flower; Unity stamps; May Arts ribbon, Stickles

I was truly inspired to do this other piece of artwork from a sketch I saw on Inspirational Sketches:

I love this sketch because it leaves the crafting world wide open!  I grabbed an Art Blanche clipboard from my stash and covered it with Bo Bunny Petal Pushers.  I built two flowers using paper, Bazzill flowers, Imaginisce flowers, and brads.  The chipboard phrases are Melody Ross, and the ribbon is May Arts.  Truly quick and easy!


Both of these pieces actually fulfill the challenge over Our Creative Corner, too - creations showing what summer means to you.  Summer is all about the flowers to me!

20 comments:

Laurel said...

These are fabulous!!!

Dawnll said...

Love the all about flower cards! Two more beautiful cards sweetie.

Jamie Harder said...

Magnificent!!!! Beautiful flowers!!!!

Debbie said...

Love the butterfly on the first one - and the second one is so colorful! Beautiful!!!

Fern said...

Gorgeous job on both cards, Brenda!! I love the second one!!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

great cards
I see you have found Tim's die too lol
I love it
Barbara
SparklesSimpleStuff

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous cards, I love that butterfly. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Dianna said...

Beautiful artwork! Thanks for joining us at ICS this week!

Unknown said...

These cards are beautiful! I love the big ribbons and the pink!!!! The blue butterfly is gorgeous!
I've been super busy this week! Sorry I've missed you!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

LOVE what you did with the sketches AND the pink. You should use it more often. :0)

grandmalee said...

WOW! I'm in awe of both of these cards! I adore the bow on the first along with the gorgeous flower & butterfly! The second is really stunning with the main black/white/pink color combo. The ribbon & glitz really help make this one another show stopper. Awesome work!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! The ribbon on your PDCC card is so beautiful! Love the glitterfly butterfly and flower. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful cards, thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Judy said...

Beautiful cards....the colors are just wonderful.

Ruby said...

Very pretty cards! I love the way you've done the flower on your first one, and the bold colours of the second! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Jackie said...

gorgeous cards, thanks for joining us at ICS this week :)

Unknown said...

Lovely creations, Brenda! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE both cards! I love that first one--that butterfly stamp is FAB! I love Unity:) Great job combining challenges! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Sarah Anderson said...

Amazing cards! Great to have you playing along at the cafe :)

Julie Ranae said...

Wow! Look at all that dimension! What a great card : ) Thanks for playing with us in The Cafe!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...