Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Card to Share

This week I was very intrigued by a color combination over at Just Inspirational.  The recipe for the challenge is to use red, gold, ribbon, and gems.  I don't very often use gold, so I thought it would fun to give this a whirl.  I was able to combine this with a few other challenges as well - 4 Crafty Chicks (distressing), Keep it Simple (stars), and Sarah Hurley Challenges (flowers).

I used the script folder in my Cuttlebug to emboss the paper.  Because I used CTMH's white core paper, I was able to sand it off and get a nice script look.  The large star is embossed with gold embossing powder.  I thought this card could actually be used any time of the year or even for Christmas.

Items used:  CTMH cranberry cardstock and ribbon, gold embossing powder, Wishing Star stamp set; The Paper Company gold shimmer paper; Cuttlebug script folder; Recollections gems; Bazzill and Bridal Collection flowers

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beatuiful card...

Purple Crazy said...

This is lovely, I love the gold star. Thanks for joining us at JIC

Laurel said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love that star!

bakscrap said...

I have that star stamp. Will have to get it out. Very pretty card.

Lisa Jane said...

what a striking card , love the colours
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges
Lisa ;)

Sam said...

Stunning! Love all the layers and texture ... thanks for playing along at KIS this week :)

Leanne said...

Nice, I am glad you joined us thanks for playing. I like embossing and those flowers work wonderful on it.

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks

Tamie said...

What a fantastic idea of sanding after you have embossed. I have this folder and am going to try it! Love the colors on your card and the flowers are awesome! THanks for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Dawnll said...

That CTMH stamp set is my favorite- I use it so much. Love the distress style of this beauty.Great layers and colors.

Unknown said...

Now THAT is a WOWZA if I ever did see one!

Lori Turner said...

I love this card - the star is amazing and all that distressing fits the bill perfectly at 4 Crafty Chicks this week. WTG!

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the texture. Beautiful flowers and the unique shape of the star looks really cool. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Inspirational!

Mandi said...

FAB card, as you so rightly say suitable for any time but also looks very rich and christmassy

Thanks for joining us at KIS, hope to see you again next week
mandi xx

Daniele said...

stunning card thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational
hugs

Cazro said...

I love red and gold on Christmas cards, your star is stunning. Thanks for playing this week at KIS. Cheers Caz

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Brenda another totally fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at KIS hugs Pascale

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing at Sarah Hurley Challenges!

Sarah x

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...