Sunday, December 5, 2010

Guest Designer at Christmas Card Challenges

Stephanie, the DT coordinator at Christmas Card Challenges, contacted me some time ago to be a guest designer for the month of December.  Well, how could I say no?!  I love this blog and the whole idea of getting cards done all year long.  If you haven't been there, you'll have to stop by and check it out!  Each Sunday in December I'll be one of the designers bringing you a new card for the current challenge.  I hope I see lots of you playing along!

All rightie, the first challenge for the month of December is monochromatic.  This was easy for me, and right away I pulled out my greens.



I have to tell you something honestly.  Every time I pull out Close To My Heart cardstocks and inks, I fall in love all over with paper crafting.  I used New England Ivy, Olive, and Garden Green to make this card.  The tree stamp is CTMH Evergreen, and the sentiment is a CTMH alpha set.  Sanding the edges of the layers gave me the appearance of snow.  This card has many layers, so it will be a good, sturdy card to mail.

Pop over and visit the Christmas Card Challenge blog.  Even if ou are done for this year, you can get a head start on next year!  So, what colors will you be choosing for this challenge?  I can't wait to see!

Monochromatic is the final challenge for Caardvarks, so I am also entering this card in that challenge.

7 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

Hi Brenda,
Lovely card. You have been busy.

Laurel said...

Beautiful card!

StephC said...

Beautiful card Brenda! We're so happy to have you as our guest designer for December!
Hugs!
Steph

Shaela said...

beautiful card, the greens are so rich and I LOVE the sanded edges! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE this monochromatic card! This is one of my favorite Christmas stamp sets ever from CTMH!

Jamie Harder said...

I agree with Karen...one of my FAVE stamp sets ever. And your card proves why...gorgeous!!! LOVE the design!!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

WOW, this is one amazing card. I love all the green.
Hugs
Tanya

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...