Monday, December 6, 2010

This and That

I wanted to sit down and write a "this and that" post.  There is just so much going on right now!

First, I have to tell you that it was Shane's first day of school.  We are so proud of him!  Here, I have to show you his class kit:

Can you believe it?  These are the materials he needs to learn how to make women beautiful and men handsome.  I am waiting for the maincures, pedicures, and to have my hair cut by someone other than me. (Yes, I do cut my own hair!)  I am so excited for Shane because I just know how good he is going to be at this.  A mother knows, you know!

I have been working like a mad woman.  Retail is so much fun this time of the year!  I have seen a lot of people in the last few weeks, and I have seen very few cranky people.  I truly do think that people love to give.  There are so many people coming in with lists off of church trees for people in need or for the Salvation Army Angel Tree.  I love helping people shop for those gifts!  I've also learned how much I love to help a mother buy a suit for her son.  It's almost as if you see a boy turn into a man the minute he puts on that jacket and tie!  I didn't know what I would think about the men's department, but I sure do like it there.  I should find out this week if my position will go beyond the seasonal position to permanent.  Keep your fingers crossed for me - it would be great to stay on!

I have some days off soon, and then I will finally put my tree up.  When I haven't been working, I've been crafting, so my house is really suffering, too.  I have a day off tomorrow, but I have to force myself to stay away from my paper, embellishments, and stamps.  I need to clean, wash clothes, and get going on the rest of my Christmas "to-do's."  I still have cards to finish, more cookies to bake, and all my shopping.  Look at the Christmas ticker on my left sidebar.  Not much time left - LOL!!  These next couple of weeks are going to be a blast!

Well, I just wanted to catch up.  I haven't been able to comment as much as I'd like, but I am reading your blogs.  You are all so creative, and I love that we are all so connected through blog land!! 

xoxo, Brenda

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your 'this and thats'! It was fun to hear about Shane's new adventure, and 'hear' your heart through your post. Love ya!

Jamie Harder said...

It is nice to hear about all the giving and joy at this time of year!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

How exciting, I wish Shane all the best with school, and I will keep my fingers crossed you get to keep your seasonal job afterwards.
Hugs
Tanya

Dawnll said...

Wonderful this and that- really helps to keep up with everyone since we are all so busy.
I am so excited for Shane and know he will be fabulous.
Take care my friend and remember to relax a little

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...