Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I know - there's a lot of holidays between now and Mother's Day.  However, I saw this stamp from Stampendous on my shelf and wanted to create with it.  That's the beauty of paper crafting!  I decided to use this sketch from CPS.  I liked the simplicity of it.

I used some scraps from Fancy Pants' Like Father, Like Son.  The colors of the paper worked beautifully with CTMH Autumn Terracotta ink.  I don't know if CTMH has retired the stamp set Playful Petals.  I like stamping the petals individually and then fussy cutting them to create my flower.  The gems and organza flower are from Michael's.  The final touch was a little faux stitching with my white uniball.

Well, I was playing with my blog and loved the coffee cup background.  I'm usually drinking either hot or cold coffee when I'm reading blogs, so it seemed fitting.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope the first week of January is treating you well!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card!

Renee said...

Brenda, your card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Thanks, too, for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comment! It was so much fun scraplifting from you during our first challenge at Scrap Tiffany!!

Unknown said...

Really Pretty Brenda! I have this stamp....I love what you did with it!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love that flower accent! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

Just A Pac Rat said...

Love the card! Good luck with the challenge!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Create It Simply said...

Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us at CPS!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi Brenda! Just wanted to quickly say hi! and that I LOVE your work. I look forward to working alongside you in 2011 at the Studio Challenges and cannot wait to see what beautiful things you come up with. Take care, Nadia.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the flower and the colors are fabulous!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...