Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Beginnings

I had such a lovely time making this card for Sarah Hurley Challenges!  Our theme this week is New Beginnings, and I immediately thought of a card image that Sarah has on her Woodland Whimsies CD.  I love rainbows.  When I see one, I always think of God's promise after The Flood.  That Biblical rainbow represented a new beginning and a promise.  To me, it was only fitting that I used this image.

On this CD, the card front is an image that you can print.  That is what I did here.  This card front is printed with extra tree, rainbow, cloud, and deer images, so I cut those out and used pop dots to add them to the card front.  I thought the middle needed a little something, so I used the matching banner and put that through the middle of the card.  If you click on the card and look closely, you'll see that I put glossy accents on the clouds. 
What can you come up with for "new beginning"?  You don't have to use Sarah's images to play - we like to see your work using any products!  I noticed that Sarah has free shipping on her CDs and stamps right now, so now might be the time to try something.  Hope to see you play along!

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I love this card Brenda- the beautiful little scene , the bunting and the little buttons.. its so cute
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

So sweet!

Laurel said...

So cute, love all the elements on this!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...