Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snowflakes

Second post for today!  With this one, I think I'll show you the card before I get on to explaining the details:

I diecut my snowflakes for this card with my Slice FaLaLa card.  They are just so yummy when they are layered like that! 

This card was actually inspired by a several challenges:
  1. Wee Memories - ribbon
  2. Sentimental Sunday - winter themed card and a sentiment
  3. Moxie Fab - Neutral Challenge for Color Inspiration Week
  4. Our Creative Corner - Dressing Up this sketch
It has been a lovely Sunday - I hope you are having the same!  I slept late, my husband made brunch (and cleaned up!), did a little catching up on  blog reading, took a nap (yes, I've needed some sleep!), made some cards and projects (some I can show you now - some have to wait till reveal dates), and now I'm heading into the kitchen to make a blended coffee before I craft some more.  You just can't ask for a better Sunday than that!

15 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous! love that snowflake!

Dorcas said...

THis is so pretty, Brenda!

Renee said...

Oh, wow, this card is absolutely beautiful, Brenda!!

Jamie Harder said...

Love this one! Gorgeous bow and gorgeous snowflakes! And now I am also craving a blended coffee:-)

Ann said...

Love that snowflake & that AMAZING ribbon! SO glad you played with us at Wee Memories!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Love that ribbon and snowflake! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Katie said...

gorgeous snowflake card!

papertrails leaver said...

Oh my this is beautiful! I love the Sheer ribbon with a hint of metallic and that snowflake is gorgeous! a perfect pairing! Thanks for joining us at SS! Amy

Charlotte said...

oh so pretty and elegant. The ribbon is beautiful!

Diane Gilbert said...

Brenda this is GORGEOUS! I love the crisp clean feel of your card. Your snowflake and ribbon are simply fantastic! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful embellishments - great way to dress up your otherwise CAS card. Love the color combo you used too. Great take on the dress it up challenge So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Tameko said...

Beautiful Card. Love your snowflake and ribbon. Thanks for joining us at SS!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a perfectly, CAS card! LOVE that color combo! I've been playing with it for a few days! We'll see what transpires. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

Pam W. said...

Simply gorgeous.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...