Sunday, January 16, 2011

Valentine's Cards

Third post for the day - I've been a busy little crafter today!

I am continuing to work on  my Valentine's Day cards.  It's been so much fun to put energy into these!  For the first card I combined Cherie's sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches and Moxie Fab's Color Inspiration  Challenge using metallic colors.


The next two cards are also for Moxie Fab Color Inspiration challenges.

Pretty Pastels Challenge:

Bright and Bold Challenge:

I've so enjoyed the color inspiration challenges!  They make me step out of my confort zone and do something just a little bit different.  I especially had a hard time with Bright and Bold as I tend to lean toward warmer colors.  But it was fun to see what I could make happen with those colors!

Supplies used: CTMH Black, Hollyhock, White Daisy, Petal, Amethyst, Baby Pink, and Desert Sand cardstock; CTMH Promise of Spring, Priceless Love, and Key to my Heart stamps sets; CTMH, Prima, and Bo Bunny flowers; CTMH and Making Memories trinket pins; CTMH, SU!, and American Crafts ribbon; American Crafts brad and badge; Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die; Recollections pearls; CTMH White embossing powder; Fiskars border punch

8 comments:

Barb Craft said...

I read your FB post a few minutes ago and I must admit i was a little jealous! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! All of your cards are lovely... each one is unique and so beautiful!
Barb :)

Katie said...

What a beautiful collection of cards! I just love all the layering with the flowers on each one.

Michelle said...

gorgeous set of cards! the first is so stunning!!

Scrapenabler said...

Super cute cards! Love them all!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Beautiful cards!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks for entering the Bright & Bold challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks for entering the Pretty Pastels Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks also for entering the Metallics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! You've been a very busy girl! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...