Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blast Off!

This is my second post for the day.  Be sure to scroll down to see the Sassy Lil Card Sketches reveal!

Such a great picture at For Your Inspiration this week!  To play along, all you need to do is let the photo inspire you!  Here's the photo:

I was inspired by the moon and choose to create a party plate:


I used Bo Bunny's new Blast Off collection. I found some acrylic plates at Target for 14 cents (yes, that's what I said!). I cut the paper and adhered it to the bottom of the plate using Martha Stewart decoupage. I put a layer of decoupage on the top of the paper, too, in order to seal it a bit. Starbust and Skittles seemed the perfect candy to go with the moon!

Now what can you create using this photo as inspiration?  I hope you have the chance to play along for your chance ot become "The Lovely Lotus" !!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun are those cards? I love what you did with the 'moon theme.'

Nati Tristan said...

That is so cool! I know of a couple little boys that would love a party theme like this!

Katie said...

What a fun collection! Plus, you have my favorite candies to boot!

curlyqmosaics said...

What a clever idea Brenda! Very festive!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...