Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shane's First Easter

I still have more Easter photos to scrap, so it was no problem for me to play along with the Easter layout challenge at Lasting Memories.  I have said it before, but I am so glad that I am not a chronological scrapper.  I love pulling out these photos that are 21 years old!  Funny thing is that it feels like it was yesterday.

I used Crate's Restoration for this page.  The addition items are CTMH grosgrain and Imaginisce .i-rock gems.  Gosh, this page was just so much fun to build, and I am really happy with the way it turned out.  Shane told me after he saw it that he is happy that I "don't put too much" on my pages.  He likes that he sees the picture first and foremost.  Well, because eventually these memory books will be his to share with his children, that was music to my ears!

11 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Awesome page design! I would love to scrap some of my older pics, I still need to get them from my mom. Thank you for playing along at Lasting Memories and good luck!

Dale Tiernan said...

Wow, a Santa sized Easter Bunny. My youngest would have loved to see him. I love CP's Restoration range.

curlyqmosaics said...

That Restoration paper suits the older photo beautifully...it gives it a nice nostalgic feel. Gorgeous layout!

Unknown said...

That retro looking photo of Shane is so darling and i love how you accented it so beautifully!

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a gorgeous LO as usual! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Did you layer the paper? I love LO's that showcase the photo and what a nice thing for Shane to say!!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Jamie Harder said...

Oh how sweet! Love that photo and all the fantastic layers on this page!!! I so love that I am not a chronological scrapper either... :-)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Super super cute. The layout reminds me of a decorated Easter Egg!
Hugs
Tanya

TeenaBugg38 said...

Adorable LO! I hear ya on the chronological scrapping thing....that is so not me....lol. And I am still scrapping Holidays that have long since passed as well......oh well :) Just nice to know I have company along the way!!

Dragonlady said...

Gorgeous layout and love the papers, thanks for playing at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

Sue said...

Awesome job. I love this layout. I don't scrap chronologically either. I think I would get bored if everything was done and in order. It's so nice when the kids like and appreciate the work we have done on our pages. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...