Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cupcake

Tomorrow (Monday, July 11th) Practical Scrapper is doing a feature on cupcakes.  Be sure to head over there for some great inspiration.  I thought I'd share my cupcake card today to get you in the mood!

I incorporated a couple of challenges into this card.  CARDS is looking for cards with baker's twine, and CAS-ual Fridays is looking for shaped cards.  I made this card using my Slice - the Parties design card.  I created a white base and then paper pieced the wrapper and frosting.  The frosting is actually a white piece that I sponged with CTMH Smoothie ink.  Then I used some CTMH glitz glitter gel so for the sparkle. 

Items used are AC white cardstock; Lily Bee Donestic Bliss paper and chipboard; Pink Paislee and WeR Memory Keepers twine; CTMH smoothie ink and glitz glitter gel; 7Gypsies sticker; Slice Parties design card

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, this is a fantastic card, love the rosette!

wendipooh13 said...

oh I LOVE this!!! Super yummy and CUTE!!!! how fun!!!

Unknown said...

Darling!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the polka dot cake case and the bakers twine tie! A lovely card!

Haley D. said...

Your card is adorable and yummy too!

Michele Gross said...

Super cute!! Glad you joined the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Amazing. Love the rosette.
Hugs
Tanya

curlyqmosaics said...

I love your cupcake card! This is so sweet! You should definitely share it over at Paper Issues! The theme right now is "Life is Sweet!" I hope to see you there! :)

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow STUNNING!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...