Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pretty as a Postcard and a Winner!

I'm having fun being a guest designer over at Lasting Memories!  Last week, it was really fun to see the summer-themed mini albums that were created for the challenge!  As promised, there is a winner of a $25 Close To My Heart gift certificate from me - and you'll find out who that is at the bottom of this post.  First, I want to tell you about the challenge for this week.
Have you ever worked with mosaic patterns on your layouts?  Well, that is the challenge this week.  I brought out some of my flower pictures for this one.

Like looking through a window, right?  I love this technique!

This is a mixture of Authentique (Gifted) and Lily Bee (Happily Lost).  Truly, it was the only pinkish paper I had in the house, and I love it!  This Lily Bee has a little bit of a warm tone, and that is exactly why I have it. 

What can you come up with for this challenge?  I'd love to see it!  Okay, now I need to get to the winner for last week's summer-themed mini album.  I will tell you that everyone that entered the challenge made gorgeous albums!  There is a lot of talent out there!!  The winner on my blog is Theresa!!!  Stop by her blog - even the background will make you happy!

Theresa, e-mail me at girlygirlrose43@msn.com to claim your gift certificate!

9 comments:

Larisa said...

Congratulations to the winner ! What the lucky girl !!!

Laurel said...

Wow what a pretty page!

sharon said...

This is very pretty!!!!

Michele said...

Congrats Theresa! And love your "Window" layout Brenda! Soooo pretty!!

Theresa said...

Brenda, this layout is just as the title says "PRETTY"

wendipooh13 said...

what a stunning page and love the photo work!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. I really think making your flower pictures into mosaic tiles makes them pop so much more. The color combos are beautiful.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see me

Unknown said...

Wow - very pretty! I always love how mosaic's turn out looking, just not the creation process. Always gives me fits (however, it is easier now that I started using repositionable adhesive LOL)

Denise Pustelniak said...

Brenda, very "PRETTY" mosaic!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...