Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pearfect Love

This week at Lasting Memories, we are challenging you to use a bold title.  You know, something that stands out and speaks volumes about your pictures.  Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the desing team has come up with for you. 

I took this picture of my nephew and his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago, and I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to scrap it.  They are a cute couple and seem to be made perfectly for each other.  I love this picture!


The sketch is from Cherie at Sassy Lil Sketches.  I'll also be entering this into the Sketches in Thyme open challenge and the Shopping Our Stash which is using a technique and your stash.  For my technique, I pulled out that circle chipboard that's been on my shelf for a couple of years.  I covered it with paper and inked the edges.

CTMH items used: Mayberry WOTG; Mayberry Stickease; paper flower; New England Ivy ribbon

17 comments:

Enchanting Stamping said...

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog and leave a comment. I really like your lay out and the Mayberry papers are some of my favorites.

Mel said...

Gorgeous - a real folksy layout.

sharon said...

this is beautiful!!! love the circle, and how it highlights the picture~~

Kristin K. said...

Beautiful. I would love to know how you made the outer ring on your circle.

Unknown said...

I love this page. You did a wonderful job with the title and the colors are fabulous
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Joni Parker said...

I'm a huge lover of cirles...so I LOVE your layout.. and I love the pic & colors too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

CarlaKH said...

Ohh what a lovely layout! Just gorgeous and love how you used the chipboard too! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Barb Turpin said...

Love your layout...and the pink and yellow with that pear are perfect!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Brenda, you do some wonderful work!

{ Scrappiness } said...

I just loved you LO!!!
Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!!
Kisses, kisses!!

Lauren said...

Awesome layout! I love the clever title!

Lauren

Jamie Fox said...

Love it!!! Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :)

Evanna said...

Love the colours and the title looks great!!

Tone K. said...

Really pretty !! I love your frame and your photo is really, really nice !
Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches ! :o)

tiffany said...

fabulous job on your bold title! so glad to have you join in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Sarah said...

This is beautiful! I love all the colors and details! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely "pearfect"! LOVE it to pieces right down to your little, gemstone details! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...