Monday, August 22, 2011

Love to Love You

I saw this sketch challenge over at Moxie Fab, and I really wanted to play along.  It's just such a fun sketch by Nina Brackett, and I love the idea of a shaped card!

Here's what I came up with:

Of course, I used the new Art Philosophy cartridge to make the card base from Sonoma paper.  What a fast and easy way to make a shaped card!  For the center, I followed the pattern from the how-to book Magic to make a 3-D spinner.  However, I didn't want this to spin, but rather just take advantage of the unique dimension.  The stamp set I used is the December stamp of the month.  I know I should be waiting until December to show off this set, but I can't seem to keep my hands off this set!  I think that would be makings of a favorite stamp set - what do you think?  Other items used are the Bling Assortment, Bamboo Waxy Flax, and Opaque Pearl Gems.

Moxie Fab is doing three more sketch challenges this week, so I am anxious to see what they are.  I always love the special issues, and Card Ideas for Paper Crafters is no exception!

11 comments:

Carla said...

Stunning Brenda!! Very beautiful!

Julia Hammond said...

Very pretty

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with this card. It is simply lovely! Thanks for being you! :-)

Unknown said...

You always do such beautiful work, but this one is over the top! Love it! I KNEW when I saw the Sonoma kit that you would love it. It reminds me of you.

Lynn said...

gorgeous card!

Kristin K. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I agree with Karen, over the top!

Beate said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Denise Pustelniak said...

Got side tracked. LOL! Beautiful!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

loving the dimension in this card, great job!

Darla Weber said...

Very elegant!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks for linking this up to the Shaped Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...