Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Simple Pleasures

As long as I had my Sonoma papers out, I thought I would try this sketch from Moxie Fab.  I love when Cath does special weeks like this to celebrate a new special issue.  It's always so much fun to play!

The simplicity of the sketch allows a lot of room for interpretation.

These are my very favorite flowers from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  They remind me of a water lily, and Jerry picks those from the lake for me every year.  Here's an up close:

Isn't it fun that there are also these nice card bases on the cartridge?  I love it!

Other items used are the Love Life stamp set, Bling Assortment, and Pewter Mini Medleys.  Now I've got more crafting to do before Jerry gets home from his fishing trip!

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Your card is beautiful...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin K. said...

Beautiful card!

Lynn said...

these flowers are gorgeous...I never would have thought to use that brown/stripe paper but they turned out stunning!

Marg Van Patten said...

hmmm ... How did I know Art Phil was coming out of the box when I saw this sketch? Lovely work once again!

VanessaB said...

beautiful! those flowers ar so awesome!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! Your flowers are amazing. Great job!

Unknown said...

Wow - those flowers are so deep and rich - mmm... what a nice touch on the card,
Danita

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...