Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sassy Lil Sketches Reveal

I love the sketch Cherie has for us at Sassy Lil Sketches this week!  Of course, I always do, but this one was not only fun but stretched me a little.


Here is what I came up with for you:

I have been wanting to play with the doily from the Art Philosophy cartridge, and this sketch gave me the perfect chance.  I used Mayberry paper and once it was cut, I inked the  edges just a little.  Other Cricut cuts that I made are the cupcake, cupcake wrapper, and banner.  Once I cut the banner, I adhered it to the perfect sized dimensional element (chipboard) banner.  The sentiment is also in the Art Philosophy collection.  That collection is amazing!  With a cricut cartidge, 3 stamp sets, and 3 sheets of dimensional elements, it can keep you crafting a long time!  If you click on the photo and look more closely, you see that I painted the frosting with create-a-shade pearl paint.  Fun!!

I hope you'll play along with Sassy Lil Sketches this month!  Our generous sponsor this month is Authentique Paper.  Cards are released every Thursday during the month, but you have all month to play.  You just have to have your cards linked up by October 5th.  Now, stop on over at Sassy Lil Sketches to see the other design team examples!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Brenda! This is a very pretty card - would be great for a wedding or anniversary card!

Unknown said...

super cute, your cupcake is adorable.

Laurel said...

Such a beautiful card!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love that Mayberry paper! By the way, the answer to your question on my blog today is Creme Brulee.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Brenda what a lowly card so pretty and you did such a great job with the sketch.

Marie

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! I love the doily and that sentiment stamp is so pretty!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...