Monday, October 31, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's Monday and time for another Heart 2 Heart reveal!  We are challenging you to use three colors from the beautiful Close To My Heart palette.  (Remember, you must use Close To My Heart products to play at Heart 2 Heart.)  We'd like to see a project using the combination of Bamboo, Juniper, and Autumn Terracotta


Aren't these colors lovely together?  They make a wonderful Thanksgiving card.  I'll tell you a little about my card.  The flowers were cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge, and I added a little bronze glitter gel to the top.  I added that wonderful bronze gel to the edges of my stamped leaves as well.  By popping the leaves up, I balanced out the 3-dimension of the flowers.  I added a strip of juniper ribbon to the card and then created a paper pleat to put on top of the ribbon.  That metal piece is one of our foundry bookplates (I love these).  Isn't that a nice stamp inside the bookplate?  That is the November Stamp of the Month called Cherish the Day, and I will be telling you much more about that in the coming days!

I am sad to say that this is my last post as Heart 2 Heart design team member.  I have loved being on this team and "meeting" the other members!  I so love Close To My Heart products and this was a wonderful opportunity to bring even more ideas to life, and I so appreciate the time I have spent with them!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Very pretty, love the roses!

Pamela OConnor said...

Brenda, your card is LOVELY! I'm sad to hear you are leaving the H2H Design Team, but I know you will still have so much to share with us all here on your blog. I'll be sure to stop by often. Your creations are always top notch and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Take care & God bless! Pamela

Tenny Kusuma said...

Beautiful card...Love those leaves. TFS.

Unknown said...

So pretty and full of Fall goodness!

Jody Gustafson said...

Brenda, Your card is beautiful. It truly makes a gorgeous Thanksgiving card. I will miss your beautiful creations on H2H but I will visit your blog when I need some Brenda inspiration.

Lisa said...

Wow... beautiful beautiful card.. you are so talented...

Haley D. said...

Your card is gorgeous! We're so sorry to see you leave the H2H Design Team but look forward to more gorgeous artwork right here. Best wishes!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...